A Leading facility maintenance company is looking for a 2nd Class Operating Engineer to work in industrial manufacturing plant in the Greater Napanee area. As a key leadership role this person must be able to support the operation team through mentor and coaching for excellence in the operation of the Facility.
- The Chief Engineer will review and prioritize the daily work activities for the department. Delegate functional activities of the Shift Supervisors, and responsibilities to ensure quality and timeliness of independent decisions required to provide continuous service to the customer and safety of workers.
- Define the safety policies and procedures for the Operations Department.
- Track production and maintenance activities, plan scheduled outage work and oversee the related scheduling and timely completion of operating duties.
- Direct the development of operating procedures and instructions and assist in the evaluation and development of recommendations for plant improvements.
- Maintain all documents and records appertaining to the department.
- Consult with client representatives in solving organizational, and technical problems.
Manage shift engineers as well as other maintenance personnel within the department. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance of this unit.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Requires a broad background in plant operations including at least five (5) years in hands-on and/or supervision of Power Plant machinery.
- The Ideal candidate will possess a 2nd Class Operating Engineer certificate, certified by the TSSA in addition supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
- General knowledge and/or experience in industrial safety are required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package.